Super Horatio's Super Adventures

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Adventure in Space

This is a bit late because I've been recovering from a Massive Mission. I had to go into Space to follow the Space Shuttle Discovery home. Now this was pretty difficult because I has hired by NASA to fly around the Shuttle while it was still orbiting to check that the orbiter hadn't been breached by icy foam, cane toads, missing Israeli soldiers, or any other potentially catastrophic problems. Actually I went to Prof Ansari's talk last week, dressed up in my Cape, and the Prof hired me on the spot for this mission.

So it was important to get my timing right so that I wasn't exposed to the Vacuum of Space for too long while I did the checks. It's not as hazardous as you might think floating around in a Vacuum, but I am human after all. Well, sometimes. Don't try being sucked into your Vacuum Cleaner at home though. I had to keep diving back into the atmosphere every so often so I would survive my mission, the orbiter is quite big. Anyway all was fine but Mission Control (NASA's Mission Control, I don't have a Mission Control for my Missions) asked me to follow the orbiter down to Earth so I did. I almost had to intervene at the last minute with cloud cover obscuring the landing strip but in the end I wasn't needed at all. Phew. I don't think that I could have saved the orbiter if something had one bad, it's pretty big and heavy. It's not like I'm Superman.

So now Andy Thomas is not the only Croweater to go into space! Ha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home